DeadSkirts 11 years on Line! Forum Index DeadSkirts 11 years on Line!
Email Deadskirts@gmail.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Jim Nabors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadSkirts 11 years on Line! Forum Index -> ALL TOPIC Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geno

PostPosted: Nov Thu 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: RIP Jim Nabors Reply with quote

Jim Nabors

Born: June 12, 1930
Sylacauga, Alabama USA

Died: November 30, 2017
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Aged 87 years.

Word is just coming the actor, singer, comedian, Jim Nabors has died! He's best known for his role as Gomer Pyle in the comedy military series Gomer Pyle USMC. In that series he gladly love the sergeant that would give him so much attention and pick on him. That reluctant Sergeant Vince Carter who always picked on him played by Frank Sutton. Frank Sutton died at the early age of 50 years way in 1974.

In his later years Jim Nabors admitted to being a gay going back the days of the set of Gomer Pyle. In 2013 when so-called same-sex marriages became legal in the state of Washington, he married his male partner.

In 1994 he suffered a severe case of hepatitis B that caused his liver to start rapidly failing as he was heading towards death. However Carol brunette made an arrangement with UCLA Medical Center for a transplant for him he was given a transplanted liver and recovered in 1996. Afterwards he went on a singing tour. That liver was a success and dispelled rumors that he had AIDS. After all it kept him alive for 23 additional years!

I remember an episode of The Rookies TV series (1970's) he got his first serious role where he played an assassin looking to Revenge a sister's death.

Geni
DeMan

PostPosted: Nov Thu 30, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad...he was an incredibly gifted actor and singer!
Geno

PostPosted: Nov Thu 30, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes DeMan,

Jim Nabors was blessed with a very good baritone singing voice! He got his start on the Andy Griffin show in the early 60s and later there was a spinoff for Gomer Pyle USMC. And that lasted five years for him. He also owned the Plantation in Hawaii for 20 or 30 years.

I love it when guys like Jim and Andy Griffin play unusual character roles once in a very rare while. Like I said he was a some kind of an assassin in one episode of the TV series The rookies. Andy Griffin , I think he did a movie where he played a serial killer!

Thanks for stopping by to I know you've been extremely helpful in the past on our bituary columns bring to attention some of those that actually got under the radar but possibly Claire Hagen, the lovely, match made in heaven marriage between her and Ross Hagen just
Beautiful!

Geno
redeemer44

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabors was incredible. His baritone voice will be missed at the Indy 500 where he sang Back Home in Indiana prior to the race - annually since 1974. I believed he missed one year.

I can still hear Sgt. Carter (Sutton) yelling at him. Being a Marine I always enjoyed the show as our hated DI's quickly became friends as BC graduation neared.
PatrickPayne

PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first half hour of Full Metal Jacket would have been a lot less entertaining had Jim Nabors not given us Private Pyle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadSkirts 11 years on Line! Forum Index -> ALL TOPIC Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: