DeadSkirts@gmail.com Forum Index DeadSkirts@gmail.com
Welcome to DeadSkirts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS Birthday? + History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadSkirts@gmail.com Forum Index -> ALL TOPIC Board.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingmad

PostPosted: Aug Mon 04, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: DS Birthday? + History Reply with quote

How long has it gone since Deadskirts opened?

should we have some kind of celebration then?
Geno

PostPosted: Aug Tue 05, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Shootingmad.

DeadSkirts actually was created in December of 2005 when G-man started to really treat his members horrible, while a guy name Dlister pull his strings like the puppet he was. I decided it was time all the people who could pay those prices should have a better forum. Far superior to the then Femmegore. So I built DeadSkirts with the help of Jimbo and Dick Hertz.

DeadSkirts was such a hit people left Femmegore and started to come here, in January of 2006. With the mass of people who came over, the server was overloaded and we where kicked off and order out. For about 10 days there was no DeadSkirts until we found a new more powerful server with much more professional people That was in February of 2006.

When G-Man made the decision to deleted the accounts of 1200 of his non paying members, most of them came to DeadSkirts by the middle of 2006. We have been going steady since then. so I would say you could celebrate In December or January comming up 3 years. Very Happy

It depends, becuase DeadSkirts was created about a month or two before it open to the adult public.

Sincerley Geno

Last edited by Geno on Aug Wed 06, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fred2120

PostPosted: Aug Tue 05, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno, I am curious. How much of your time is taken up in running a site like this?
last-aki22

PostPosted: Aug Wed 06, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More importantly, a birthday is best celebrated on the day, month and year Very Happy

Heck, I even spend extra time on my 40k orks when I celebrate their beginning as my first proper army...which happens to be the same day as my birthday!

P.s. I am 24-years-old and my Orks are six-years-old, and even models can "grow and change" when they are converted repeatedly, and new rules are released for them.
Geno

PostPosted: Aug Wed 06, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred2120 said:
Geno, I am curious. How much of your time is taken up in running a site like this?

Hi Fred, Sorry for being late on this topic.

To answer your quesiton. On some days I may spend up to 6 hours.

With the help of 3 moderators to back me up, I can take a few days off just about anytime. I can get called back early if there is a major problem like and attack by spammer of illegal underage topics.

Over all I work DeadSkirts very part time about 10 to 15 hours a week at the most.

Sincerley Geno
Fred2120

PostPosted: Aug Thu 07, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Geno. I was just curious. I give this site and my fetish about 20 mins a day over my breakfast, when I am alone. I was just wondering how much time a modorator had, and how much of your day this took up.
Nyghtfall

PostPosted: Aug Thu 07, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno said:

Jesus H f***ing Christ... I'm glad I'm not a mod...

eek
BistraTL

PostPosted: Aug Sat 09, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had no idea about the history of the forum
I remember when i found this room it was just about 2 years ago or something - just was surfing around necrobabes - they had board too, it was nice but some of the guys there didnt imagine why a girl should have morbid fantasies too - and suddenly found this site that is more gentle and romantic like where there are lot of girls like me - and the room here is more alive like - more people here posting every day..., though i see some necrobabes people here too, I started prefering visiting DS room then the other, so its good to see its history here...
Geno

PostPosted: Aug Sun 10, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee what a nice comment Bistra. You are so sweet. That's one thing about DeadSkirts that just happened. DeadSkirts is very women friendly and has suceeding in attracting lot of women. More than any other Fantasy Death site.

Yes you do find a lot of the old necrobabers on her too. eek

Sincerely Geno
Jimbo

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyghtfall said:
Geno said:

Jesus H f***ing Christ... I'm glad I'm not a mod...

eek

Maybe Geno spends that much time running this site, but mods don't have to. I took a week's vacation (no net, no phones) last week but I usually try to read all the new posts at DS daily, as part of my "job" here. I honestly read very few of the story posts... don't have that much time. I depend on story readers to inform me if there are rule violations on that forum (underage, etc.) Mods are just glorified cops... we watch for violations (and of course, post as members! Very Happy ) We can delete, edit, or move anyone's post, but that's about it.

Geno has a much bigger job: approving new members, and running the HTML etc. here, writing the rules, etc. It took him several weeks I think to get this site fixed like he wanted it, before opening up, and he did it all himself. He didn't ask/get much of any help from me (or Dick?) during that start-up.

Now, I'm looking for a replacement forum host for my Nazi Girls board. If set-up takes as long as Geno's did here, I will keep looking. Very Happy

Jimbo
Fred2120

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo, Geno. Do you two and Dick go back a long way then? Or did you all just meet up on the internet.

I feel like Colombo here. Don't answer that if you don't want. I don't mean to pry - I am just curious.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Aug Tue 12, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred,

No, I guess we all came to the realization of the others on the old FemGore or FatalFemales boards, I think... maybe even Necrobabes before that... I don't remember. When Geno started DS, in his infinite wisdom, he picked Dick and I, who tend to be on opposite ends of the political spectrum, as moderators because we have common interests as to the subject matter here and both have some experience running websites/forums.

And what will be "just one more thing....", Columbo? laugh

Jimbo
Geno

PostPosted: Aug Tue 12, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred. Very Happy

No I don't mind a bit. loveheart I am glad to enlighten..so keep the question comming in Fred. I discovered these types boards with G-Man's Fatal Females back in 1997. Jimbo and Dick Hertz were already a part of it.

The FatalFemales board was a wild lively free for all place. You did not even have to register to post on the board. So it had lots of flame wars, handle stealing, multiple Ids. Still we enjoyed it.

In 2001 G-Man started Femmegore turn it paysite for mainstream clips downloads. and a few years after that....he felt he had to close the site and made threats to do so, but an Englishman named Dlister bought it up and had G-man run it for him. Dlister would pop in from time to time to boss the board around. He gave a lot of ban a lot of members in secret, and did mass deletions of current post, without explination. The site rules were enforce only random and by picking favorites.

In late 2005 I became a victim of a one day suspension by Dlister when he was feeling in knit picking mood. Well I knew then I would have to start at site with plans to make it bigger than Femmegore ever was! So with the inspiration of Dick Hertz, I was able to build this site....with the very catchy name of "Dead Skirts." It comes from a term in the 1940 and 1950's where girls and women were playfully called Skirts. I would create a very colorful, easy to read board. It would be free....free for the members. I would pay and adult server site not connected with any groups that would subject us to being shut down for content.

In mid 2006 G-man decided to delete the accounts of more than 1,200 of his 1400 members who were not paying to see those downloaded main stream clips. DeadSkirts had been up for 6 months and we had a huge influx of members that had no real home for their Fantasy Female Deaths. We glady took them on.

That was going to be the last ime G-Man would pull a site-closing stunt like that. You see another site was had already been built to counter Femmegore. That site was 6 months old and called DeadSkirts.Com

In the meantime, Femmegore turned into a virual ghosttown. I felt so sorry for the paid members. They had very, very, little people to talk too. To ask questions to. After about 7 months...G-Man realised his mistake of deleting all those accounts, and re-opened the board back up to the public..but it never even got close to it's orignal traffic. It remained ghost like town.

DeadSkirts as compared to Femmegore was more in tune with modern times, and update with the needs of large groups of members. The days of charging for mainstream clips had it time, and for most it was great. It has since played out. The thing today is to have a site that draws on the rich knowledge of its members.

Before I started DeadSkirts I finally meet Dick Hertz at his work, live in person. His is an opticion. I walked in on him without calling, carring a copy of the VHS Female Merceniaries ONE. I ask him..Excuse me Sir. I found this on your door...do you know anything about this?

He was shocked and smile..."Uh yes..actually I do"...after a few work exchages I told him I was Eugene from Femmegore! Thats was back in 2000! We have been real life in-person friends every since. Dick lives about 70 miles Northwest of me. I am in East Los Angeles County. (The San Gabriel Valley)

Another woman that goes back almost as far is Sandi (1998).

Keep the quesitons comming in Lt. Columbo. laugh confused

Geno
Sandi

PostPosted: Aug Tue 12, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred..and Geno and Jimbo...

This gets long, because I talk about the History of it all...anyone not interested, stop reading now. This place and the history have meant MUCH to my real life even, and I have to review it here.

It's partially my way of saying 'thank you' to those who welcomed me, made me comfortable, nurtured and encouraged me, and had tons of fun with me over 10+ years online.

I call these people Friends.

Real Friends.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, there is now lab at Stanford University called the Virtual Human Interaction Lab (vhil.stanford.edu) where one can see that these 'studies' are merely confirming what those of us IN this world for 10+ years have always known...about the REAL nature of an online relationship, or what CAN be the real nature....AND, if we don't 'live here always', the value of that to our offline real life. I highly recommend viewing that site, it's saying nothing we don't already know, and talks about how SOMETIMES, an online friend is and can be the FIRST person someone may go to for comfort or advice, over a real life Friend. There is nothing sick nor wrong about that, because of the TYPE of bonds we can form here...the type I have formed with so many...

starting with the wonderful ones who welcomed me over 10 years ago...and are still Friends now and even moreso than ever, even though many of us never converse here.

The history and the relationships are very interesting, I think to all of 'us' who were involved from somewhat 'early on'. I was later than Jimbo, I guess by Geno's timetable I was bit later than him also, but I have such clear memories of 'those days' because they were my start.

Never, ever did I dream of any interactive nature that would be possible, on that first day I found Fatal Females. I was just excited to find a site like it, that not only discussed female death scenes, but provided some clips from people (though not nearly as large a number as now) and had G-Man always 'previewing' certain movies, and also certain Necrobabes photosets or videos, in picture form.

Jimbo, I remember because of his Nazi Girls of the Web site then, because that theme just fit perfectly with my personal desire to play the bad girl, and being a tall blonde, the Nazi babe theme was perfect for that. His site contained a lot of images also.

Dick is one that, then, I knew as 'the guy who knew every movie ever made' in our genre...it SEEMED to me. He was always the one answering the question when someone asked 'what movie was it where.....?'.

Geno was always the Man of Lists. Always creating some new, thought-provoking 'list' for people to contribute to. That theme has sometimes raised itself here also, as in 'What are the best female shooting death scenes?' and many other varieties. He'd keep the list up for a while and there were always new additions being made, which sort of helped everyone to know what they might want to rent, or view, or find out more about.

Templar..John...was an artist mainstay. He's a Member here also. His artwork, I always found wonderful and he 'hit' my personal fantasies with a lot of it. Heck of a nice guy, too.

TrickyDicky...who sometimes posts here, was another Pioneer. Had his own site, free for a long time then becoming at least partially 'pay', as I recall.Again, a wonderful place to navigate around and find 'stuff' related to our fantasies.

Sam's Place...another intriguing and amazingly put-together site...free...with all these 'rooms' to visit, and there would always be something interesting in each room.

Vicki the Necrobabe...forgetting any later controversies about whether she was a real womanor not, she purported to be into death poses,and to a slightly lesser extent, death scenes.So her 'personal pictures' were available free at her site...plus many 'stills' of actresses from a long list by actress name....stills of their death scenes in various movies.

All free. Much of the Necrobabes stuff was free at least partially through G-Man's picture reviews.

We all got to 'know' Lissa and Ashley and Paige and Nikki Steele and Bailee and all the other girls of Necrobabes. They were the only game in town, almost, just like FF was in its niche.

Then Carrie and Anna spun off an Amazons site.

And Lissa et al created spin-off sites,one of asphyxia, one about 'feet', Erotic Fantasies, Drop Dead Gorgeous, a number of sites.

But Fatal Females, while it had MANY women active in the Chat Room (not a place I remember Jimbo or Dick or Geno frequenting), had a totally different type of Forum. No role-playing, little real female interaction in any depth. There was also a Story Forum, though I seem to recall that was shut down or something during some of the fighting going on.

When G-Man switched to paysite format with FemmeGore, I never joined, simply because I don't do that....call it security or identification concerns.

So I morphed into the newly-found world of Yahoo Groups, which hummed along for 5 years or so uncensored. I met many more people there, and only occasionally viewed and commented at the free Forum of Femmegore, since I could no longer view clips or have free photoset parts visible to me.

Yahoo Groups were splendid for the role-players and story-writers and ones who wanted not to discuss in clinical terms,but who wanted to EMOTE their sexuality. Men and women...though it was FAR more women with whom I interacted in that vein for five GREAT years! Then Yahoo began closing all the 'good' groups, with no explanation.

And then I found out about DS and joined immediately in May, 2006.

Some took different routes to 'get here'. But those of us who bonded 10 years ago are still bonded here, though most of the men with whom I played nearly nightly for a long time in the Chat Room at FF now are pretty silent members here, rarely posting.

But the bonds remain. All of those people mentioned above welcomed ME 10 years ago, and made me feel immediately comfortable with sharing. YES, it was a big-time help that there were already other women present. Our Kelli was there in that Chat Room, and other women named Dawnstar and Jamie and others with whom I've lost touch over the years.

DS has never been a role-playing site, yet with the Story Forum and just the WAY we women react at certain threads, that aspect of things is enjoyed here also. And FF never had All Topics, which adds a totally new and, for some of us but not all, MOST interesting and often stimulating or just humorous place to interact...with Friends. Sometimes Members go too far there, and the action gets heated, and that's why some stay away from All Topics or political discussions, or whatever.

Yet we've had some really great threads there, about gun control and this and that.

But other than the Yahoo Groups which thrived on the interactive nature of the women who wanted to EMOTE, there has never been a site such as Deadskirts in terms of number and variety of daily posts about everything related to these fantasies.

The scope of the fantasies discusssed has grown WIDELY as our number of Members has increased...and that only makes sense. Back at FF it was mostly shootings, stabbings, and asphyx. Things like dismemberment, necrophilia, and what we THEN would have called 'extreme', were not really there at all.

Now they are here, which is a sign of how open this Board is, and how many more people can find something to please them here.

Couldn't resist a bit of the History, Fred. And I've met people from all over the world through these sites. Interestingly, since I know you're English, the English women, as a group,are probably the most 'open' in many ways, and most open to many varieites and 'kinks'. So much for the 'staid, uptight' British...LOL.

Fatal Females was a great place. I was not there much during all the controversies and changes noted by Geno after it became Femmegore, or a while after it did. G-Man was always a nice guy, always going to 'shows' and reporting back on the site what he had found, which actresses he had met, and so forth, and bringing back 'ideas' of movies to watch.

That was the main allure, in many ways, for a lot of FF members, was that the investigation and 'work' of viewing 'deaths scenes' was led by G-Man...and then Members chimed in with movie recommendations they had seen.

It was a great site for its time, and then, in my opinion (and Geno's) that time passed. When people can find all the great clips and sharing HERE for FREE, and since Femmegore only put up mainstream movies, there was really no reason to pay money for Femmegore.

Then more and more Producers arose, fetish ones in our genres. And those sites offer things people cannot find elsewhere.

And we respect that here and post none of their work, except for the occasional picture or inkling of something, as Geno has talked about many times in terms of what is 'allowed'.

But for things anyone can rent in a video store, for the most part, there was no longer any market for a pay-site Femmegore, in my opinion, so I'm not at all surprised, even if there had not been the fighting among Members, to see it die a slow death.

Couldn't resist reviewing some of the History of it all,Fred...and thinking about it,and how 'we' have gotten from 'then' to 'now'.

Again, as a woman, I cannot and will not ever forget the gentleness and understanding and true welcome I was given by the Men of Fatal Females. SURE, they got an emoter in return...LOL...but they did not know that at first.

Their welcomes were genuine, they were helpful,and every ONE of those men contributed to my finding a comfort zone not only online, but offline with my newfound fantasies that I had only gotten into a few years before I found FF.

It's not like there is a 'debt' there, but there is a respect, and a gratefulness, and a friendship with all of them. A woman knows who 'cares' and who only wants 'certain things'.

I found NONE of these men selfish or wanting only gratuitous SEX or whatever...they truly enjoyed the sharing, and opened me up in ways I never dreamed could or would happen.

And as I've described elsewhere and what is probably the reason for the length of this post, they added SO much to my REAL LIFE, in the ways they helped me see that opening and flowing was so good and wonderful.

Truly, it helped my sex life,in opening me there to my emotions and my ability to share freely, without thinking or worrying about 'performance'.

Sounds strange, maybe, but it's all true.

Those bonds will never be broken.

So that's why when I found this place it was a Reunion. Even though most that I shared the most with for the most hours in that Chat Room at FF do not post here much, they're here. My Friends are here, old and new.

And it was and is a most wonderful additional REAL world here, in those respects.

They all helped my natural personality to 'come out' in terms of wanting to share with Other People, about anything. So it's all had an immense effect in nothing but positive ways for the real 'Sandi' in real life.

Sandi
Jimbo

PostPosted: Aug Wed 13, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno said:

The FatalFemales board.... You did not even have to register to post on the board. So it had lots of flame wars, handle stealing, multiple Ids.

Necrobabes was the same story.

That's why I was always amazed at my own NAZI GIRLS FETISH BOARD, which also had open posting. Granted, it had many ups and downs in popularity in the past 10 years and the highest (recently) was probably only 10% of the number of visitors and hits that DeadSkirts gets daily. But in those 10 years I had close to ZERO flame wars, name calling, etc. Not sure why my visitors are so well behaved, but they ARE! Very Happy

(Not counting the GROM spammer right at the end who I could not block because of the forum host's uncaring attitude to fix non-functioning controls. Rolling Eyes )

Anyway, I hope to be back with a new forum soon. confused

Jimbo
Parvus

PostPosted: Aug Wed 13, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, Jimbo: it`s the lady that makes the gentleman. And dealing with nazigirls makes guys well-behaved.

Interesting to learn about the history of this site, I must say.
Fred2120

PostPosted: Aug Thu 14, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Perhaps someone should thread together a proper "History" of our fetish on line - how it started and developed. Rather like a Norse Saga or the Celtic book of Kells. A history that is forever being written, altered and added to - telling the story of "Our People". Sandi...That would be a project with your name stamped all over it. Oh yes

My own addition was on Yahoo groups. I was modorator of "Smartly Dressed For Deathfights" Dedicated to to classy ladies in shoot outs and death fights while smartly dressed in suits or evening gowns etc. I had allsorts on there and it got up to about 700 members at one point. Great on-topic clips debates and stories. That would have been about 2003/4 (I think.)

I ran a sort of on-line shoot out story, involving many of the female members, and everyone voting on who got wasted and who survived to the next instalment. It was an awful lot of fun to write based on other peoples ideas. It is a shame I do not have the time to do that sort of thing now.

One day the plug got pulled, so I started it off again, and a third time. Eventually I gave up as I knew there was no point investing my time in it. Shame. I did enjoy it.

Can Anyone remember Smartly Dressed For Death Fights Yahoo group?
Sandi

PostPosted: Aug Thu 14, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cute Blonde Girl in the third row raises her hand again and begins to jump up and down,

"I DO! I DO!"

I remember that Group, Fred, and at least one other iteration of it that you formed. Like the other Yahoo Groups of our interests here, it was a GREAT one! And of course much more toned down that many of the others that were deleted, because...the women were all dressed! No nudity, just 'smartly dressed women'

Just like Lady Suntwhistle Very Happy I'm sure you remember her from the verandah.

I still have some clips save under the fabulously-descriptive (it represented the Yahoo Group name) of 'blouse1' and 'blouse 2'. Wasn't that another iteration of yours? Something about Women in White Blouses or something?

I remember that shootout script! Those times and scenarios were indeed as vivid as TV shows, and those involved, or many 'watching' then, remember specifics just as we remember TV or movie specifics.

I much enjoyed that site, Sir!

And you're right, though I'm not willing to perform the task myself (but a labour of love it would be!), a History of our DS fantasies in the online world would be interesting. It would be sort of like an old-time Geno list over at Fatal Females. Someone would start it, as I sort of did above, and list the sites they remember and brief highlights of what each contained...and that would trigger Others remembering other sites..and the list would grow. And then people would remember the Yahoo Groups with which they were involved.

My Yahoo Group period was THE most intense of my online life!
Cowgirls with Firearms
Gladiatrixs
Secret Agents Do or Die
The Quick and the Dead
Catfighting to the Death

and others with those same themes...SO many... CFTD, as I recall, had 3000-4000 members! Gladiatrixs had 1500 or so...etc.etc. Those were the role play sites, especially for we women...where we EMOTED our sex...and the men didn't hate it...lol. And some participated. SO many stories, so many role plays...so many 'deaths' for each woman.

Without tons of help, I'd never remember more than half of them all!

Sandi
Fred2120

PostPosted: Aug Sat 16, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi. Blouse 1 and two were both mine, yes. As were the "Suit" selections, Non Suit and "Fantasy wear" In there I had jpegs and clips of ladies getting wasted wearing maids outfits and period stuff.

I did - and of course still do, find that what the lady is wearing for her demise is just as erotic as the fact she is being killed in the first place. You are correct perhaps in saying that the reason SDFDF lasted a little longer than some of the other sites was that there was no nudity involved. All my jpegs and mpegs were of dressed ladies.

I was plesantly suprised that so many people seemed to share my sub fetish - I had contributions from all over the world.

It always struck me too that although we all shared this fetish, it was slightly different in all of us - especially the male members. One guy would like to see the ladies wearing only long gowns - another it would be surgical outfits complete with masks. Someone else just wanted stories involving women beating men up etc.

We share a common theme, but all with slightly different slants in all of us.

At the time SDFDF was going I had just enough time to run it without it inpacting on my RL. Sadly that is no-longer the case. So unfortunetly I could not resurrect it today. I can still write the odd fantasy, but not on a regular basis. The on-line shootout was really good fun - but today would be a certain no-no.

Shame! sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadSkirts@gmail.com Forum Index -> ALL TOPIC Board. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: